Full time onsite position based at the SDM DC; To support the Hardware, Microsoft Applications, Telephone and Warehouse Management Systems of the Distribution Centre.
Key Support Areas:
• Supply chain applications support (WMS/LM/SAP)
• Hardware support (Talkmans, handhelds, truck mounts, wireless access devices, IP camera components, label printers, computer room equipment)
• Desk side support for Microsoft office, applications, and mobility devices
• Telephone (VOIP) Support
• Escalation of issues to other departments when necessary to ensure timely service and support
• Vendor management and coordination as required
• Knowledge base updates for team members and National Support Centre to reference
• Communications to client’s site staff and management on an ongoing regular basis.
• Provide support and troubleshoot local WMS system, ensuring that incidents are corrected within the allotted SLA timeframe.
• Be the subject matter expert services for questions about the normal operation of the WMS system
• Provide support for all printer technologies within the DC.
• Provide Telephone support and assist with VOIP issues
• Provide first level IP camera troubleshooting and application support.
• Coordinate change windows with DC management to implement changes or upgrades to internal facility systems.
• Maintain the Isotrac equipment and managing the returns and repairs process.
• Maintain the RF equipment and managing the returns and repairs process.
• Ensure of account entitlements / account management.
• Assist in the process of user acceptance testing (UAT) as required.
• Manage desktop repairs, replacements, and upgrades
• Coordinate incidents between support teams on widespread issues impacting the WMS system
• Document all incidents and Service Requests in Remedy.
• Coordinate approved vendor installation and repairs
• Perform proactive communications with DC staff and management on all issues, changes and improvements to technology and applications.
• Participate in the creation of SOP’s and process to improve DC performance
• Training of DC staff when new technology or software is introduced
• Provide after hours on call support when scheduled to do so.
• Provide Computer room maintenance. Escort vendors for UPS/AC/electrical maintenance tasks
• Responsible for keeping the IT room save and clean
• College Degree in the field of Information Technology preferred, but will consider applicants with equivalent work-related experience
• Must possess strong warehouse management system experience
• Must be familiar with RF devices and printers used in a distribution environment
• Must possess great PC troubleshooting knowledge, for both hardware and software
• Previously worked in a Warehouse/ Logistics environment
• Minimum of 4 -5 years IT Experience
• Minimum Microsoft Windows Operating system experience
• Strong customer service attitude and interpersonal skills
• Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able comfortable in a distribution centre environment
• Possession of an A+ certificate would be considered an asset