DC (Distribution Centre) Technician
Role: To support the Hardware, Microsoft Applications, Telephone and Warehouse
Management Systems of the Distribution Centre.
Key Support Areas:
- Supply chain applications support (WMS/LM/SAP)
- Hardware support (Talkmans, handhelds, truck mounts, wireless access devices, IP camera components, label printers, computer room equipment)
- Desk side support for Microsoft office, applications, and mobilitydevices
- Telephone (VOIP) Support
- Escalation of issues to other departments when necessary to ensure timely service andsupport
- Vendor management and coordination as required
- Knowledge base updates for team members and National Support Centre to reference
- Communications to Loblaw staff and management on an ongoing regular basis.
- Provide support and troubleshoot local WMS system, ensuring that incidents are corrected within the allotted SLA timeframe.
- Be the subject matter expert services for questions about the normal operation of the WMS system
- Provide support for all printer technologies within the DC.
- Provide Telephone support and assist with VOIP issues
- Provide first level IP camera troubleshooting and application support
- Coordinate change windows with DC management to implement changes or upgrades to internal facility systems.
- Maintain the Isotrac equipment and managing the returns and repairs process.
- Maintain the RF equipment and managing the returns and repairs process.
- Ensure of account entitlements / account management.
- Assist in the process of user acceptance testing (UAT) as required.
- Manage desktop repairs, replacements, and upgrades
- Coordinate incidents between support teams on widespread issues impacting the WMS system
- Document all incidents and Service Requests in Remedy.
- Coordinate approved vendor installation and repairs
- Perform proactive communications with DC staff and management on all issues, changes and improvements to technology and applications.
- Participate in the creation of SOP’s and process to improve DC performance
- Training of DC staff when new technology or software is introduced
- Provide after hours on call support when scheduled to do so
- Provide Computer room maintenance. Escort vendors for UPS/AC/electrical maintenance tasks
- Responsible for keeping the IT room save and clean
- 2 – 3 years related experience within a service-based industry
- Must possess strong customer service attitude and interpersonal skills
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able comfortable in a grocery distribution centre environment
- Must be available and willing to work overtime
- Must be flexible to adjust work schedules and shifts 24/7, and may consist of rotating stand-by, on call and call-backs to provide assistance after hours, as required.
- Must be willing and able to travel to customer sites on short notice over extended periods of time
- Must possess strong warehouse management system experience
- Must be familiar with RF devices and printers used in a distribution environment
- Must possess great PC troubleshooting knowledge, for both hardware and software
- College Degree in the field of Information Technology preferred, but will consider applicants with equivalent work-related experience
- Possession of an A+ certificate would be considered an asset
Oops! We could not locate your form.