To provide the first line of support for all computer related Software/Hardware and telecommunications requests.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer, evaluate and prioritize incoming telephone calls, voicemail, email system requests
- Undertake first line diagnostics over the phone to determine and resolve PC/peripherals & hardware/software issues.
- Respond and resolve basic end-user requests in the areas of software, hardware, networking and telecommunications immediately before dispatching or escalating unresolved issues to Field Tech Support Staff or Technical Support Staff
- Open help desk ticket using the appropriate tracking software. Log all incoming requests and steps taken towards resolution. Document and complete detailed service requests on the system
- Manage service tickets by tracking service calls from initiation through to completion, ensuring that all service tickets have been closed on the system when all calls have been completed and that the client is satisfied
- Manage problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up on all tickets/requests. Escalate problems or issues as needed to Field Service Technicians.
- Maintain network user security profiles including passwords and systems access.
- Perform work on revolving day/night shifts
- Must possess PC troubleshooting knowledge, for both hardware and software
- Must possess mobile support knowledge, for both hardware and software
- A+, CCNA and CompTia an asset
- College Diploma or University Degree in Information Technology preferred, but will consider applicants with equivalent work-related experience
- Understanding of IT Helpdesk Call Logging software and procedures.
- 2 – 3 years related experience within a service based industry
- Previous quality assurance, scheduling or escalation experience an asset
- Must possess strong customer service attitude and interpersonal skills
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within tight timelines
- Ability, willingness and availability to work rotating shifts to support client company users with 24/7 service
Application - Dispatch Technician
"*" indicates required fields