Support the HR functions with programs, services, systems and processes in recruitment, performance management, employee relations, training and development, health and safety and regulatory compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full life cycle recruitment: Source and interview candidates, coordinate schedules with hiring managers, conduct references and background checks. Develop job postings, job descriptions. Administer internal job posting program. Coordinate with external agencies for hard to fill roles. Prepare offer letters, letters of employment and other employment correspondence.
- Full Onboarding: Conduct new employee orientation training and documentation. Prepare new hire packages, collect employment data and provide to payroll information for weekly processing. Maintain employee information. Coordinate training and development activities for all employees ensuring valid certificates and licenses for effective deployment.
- Health and safety activities: Implement policies, procedures, programs to comply with regulatory health and safety requirements. Be involved with auditing processes, identifying gaps and developing and implementing health and safety measures.
- Manage support requirements for employee leave programs, including statutory, worker’s compensation and disability leave cases, in compliance with provincial regulations, ESRTW policies and procedures.
- Implement logistics for all HR programs and services. Establish documentation trail and maintain appropriate functional files. Respond to employment requests by employees and external inquiries
- Prepare HR management reports: recruitment, turnover, employee count, health and safety, etc.
- Update all training matrices and HR Databases on an ongoing basis. Develop, create and maintain HR forms.
- Respond to employment requests by employees and external inquiries for HR services.
- Protect operations and maintain confidentiality with all HR information at all times
- Comply with operational quality and HR professional ethical standards in performing the HR function at all times.
- 3-5 years of business and HR experience
- Completion of relevant post-secondary Human Resource program
- CHRP, CHRL
- General HR knowledge of Employee Relations, Training and Development, Performance Management, Recruitment and Selection, Employment related legislation, ability to interpret and apply provincial and federal legislation as it relates to employment.
- Knowledge of OHSA – Occupational Health and Safety Act Knowledge and experience with WSIB filings and procedures. Health and safety background with exposure to and experience with various industries in skilled trades and professional services work environments.
- Ability to implement company HR policies and procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines; have a sense of urgency
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent interpersonal skills to interface with staff diplomatically and in a professional manner
- Customer service skills including effectively and efficiently responding to all employee inquires; building relationships with management.
- Organizational skills including time management (multi-tasking), information gathering including ability to maintain strict confidentiality, problem solving skills (identifying and correcting errors).
- Excellent computer skills including MS applications, data entry, word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work well with others in a team setting as well as independently; Flexible, is detail oriented, is self-motivated, has a good attendance record, is responsible, organized and a team player.
Application - Human Resources Generalist
"*" indicates required fields