Coordinates the timely movement of products to meet contractual commitments and client needs. Performs systems and carrier tracking, customs coordination, confirmations and related activities for the movement of products. Daily activities include file creation, in-transit report creating, disbursements and usage, etc.
- Manage priorities to meet shipping volumes
- Ensure that customer orders are delivered on time and in full as per service level agreements.
- Provide shipping department with schedules and documentation for next day loading.
- Verify completion of applicable delivery documentation.
- Confirm deliveries have been made and resolve discrepancies.
- Act as liaison between logistics and program management.
- Communicate daily with carriers, freight forwarders and clients in coordinating pick-up and delivery of shipments when required.
- Coordinate the activities of product flow from receiving, warehouse, assembly, and shipping on a timely and accurate basis. Report on issues, gaps and take corrective action where required.
- Comply with the organizations environmental, health & safety, recycling, sustainability efforts and quality assurance policies and standards.
- Prepare reports, metrics and analysis with the use of functions on MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook) for distribution within the organization
- File maintenance, including but not limited to, invoices, waybills, international shipment, storage, daily shipment, inventory and monthly shipping lists.
- Expedites, traces and obtains verification of shipment delivery, audits inbound and outbound freight bills, files carrier damage claims and updates carrier contract information
- Perform any other duties as required.
- Completion of college courses in Logistics or Distribution an asset
- Experience with SAP an asset
- Minimum two years of experience in Logistics/Warehousing
- Strong knowledge of Logistics and transportation
- Have strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and organize work
- Have excellent customer service and communication skills, and the ability to build collaborative relationships with clients and internal BFG staff
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
Application - Service Logistics Coordinator
"*" indicates required fields