Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, performs shipping duties to ensure that the quantity, quality, labeling and addressing of orders correspond to client specifications or the requirements of the packing slip.
- Monitor and manage shipping activity to and from the BFG warehouse
- Protect BFG’s assets through performing the proper and accurate shipping functions of products to the client site.
- Prepare shipping documentation and records for shipping. Attach identifying labels or tags to materials or mark information on cases or packages. Check all items to be shipped for conformance to client specification. Record outgoing shipments.
- Maintain shipping files and other required shipping documents.
- Order adequate quantities of shipping supplies to meet production. Work with Procurement to replenish supplies as needed.
- Communicate with transport companies to determine pick-up time, type of units, type of truck needed taking into account weight and size of shipments.
- Load, unload and stack materials from pallets, trays, racks, conveyors, floor stacks and shelves.
- Load materials into vehicles. Install strapping, bracing or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
- Assist in performing inventory cycle counts of production material on an established basis.
- Comply with BFG’s environmental, health & safety, recycling, sustainability efforts and quality assurance policies and standards.
- Participate in company-sponsored training relating to material handling, safety and quality.
- Maintain the work area and physical plant in a neat, clean and orderly condition.
- Perform any other duties as required.
- 2 – 3 years overall experience in a retail warehouse environment
- Experience using online Purolator shipping tool, a must.
- Knowledge of warehouse procedures and policies
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Previous data entry experience
- Ability to accurately read pick tickets, shipping labels
- Ability to follow established procedures, perform mathematical calculations
- Ability to stand for long periods of time; Ability to lift and carry up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good communication and time management skills
- Detail oriented
Application - Shipper
"*" indicates required fields