As a Technical Specialist perform Command Centre team functions related to the preparation of pre-production environment, deploying, configuring and putting in production environment various IT devices for projects like: change of ownership, new store openings, virtualization, hardware refresh and provide the next day IT support to ensure all devices are fully functional.
As requested, perform high level troubleshooting and root cause analysis for service interruption, providing disaster recovery service for fast resolutions, participating in proof of concept/new projects to provide technical expertise and fully or partially document the activities to be performed.
- Remote server (virtual machine) configuration and setup by following documents (Unix, Linux, Windows Server) using various applications
- Remote VMware ESXi environment operations for various projects (virtualization, server hardware upgrade, new site openings, site change projects, any other upcoming projects related to software and hardware rollouts at client’s locations)
- Remote desktop control using various software solutions for various computer hardware for various projects
- Acts as lead for overnight / next day support events, sending reports, making sure that all resources are using the proper documents and executing the proper tasks at the proper time, controlling event and engaging the necessary teams to execute their portion of store flip tasks;
- Apply troubleshooting skills (using the existing knowledge base of previous issues)
- Troubleshoot problems with computer systems, including hardware and software issues, emails, network and peripheral equipment problems, etc… Make repairs and corrections where required.
- Support implementation techs troubleshooting issues over the phone and remotely using shared screen sessions
- Run health checks for various server/storage devices/ printers/ workstations/ POS/ tablets/ phones
- Escalate issues to a project team lead;
- Ensure all incidents are properly logged, triaged, routed, escalated and closed in accordance with pre-determined service levels and incident management processes.
- Provide responsive, timely support to all escalated end-user questions and support requests
- Install, configure and upgrade operating systems and software, using standard business and administrative packages.
- Remotely configure computers, network infrastructure and peripherals such as printers, scanners, and related hardware.
- Perform complex problem determination and resolution identifying hardware and software problems
- Document issues and problem resolutions undertaken; Establish and maintain problem reporting and maintain technical documentation
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of all hardware and software technologies in use across the client company in order to provide technically accurate solutions.
- On occasion, may be requested on short notice to travel to customers’ sites within assigned region to resolve issues.
- College or University graduate of Computer Science or Computer Studies program or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of related Technical Support experience (VMware VCSA, VMware Esxi, Windows Server 2016, SUSE Linux, RedHat Linux, Windows 10, AirWatch/WS1 environment, iSCSI connection storage devices
- POS experience is a valuable asset
- Working and advanced operating knowledge of IT hardware/equipment installation, testing and support
- Must possess strong customer service attitude and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability, willingness and availability to work rotating shifts to support client company users with 24/7 service
Application - Technical Support Specialist (TSS)
"*" indicates required fields