Responsible for providing second level technical assistance within the assigned region, providing high-end technical hardware, software and software deployment support at the desktop, laptop, printer, network, and operating systems level to satisfy the needs of client company end users. Act as a technical resource in assisting users resolve high end technical issues. Support and train Field Service Technicians within assigned region. Provide on-site troubleshooting and resolution of desktop problems. Responsible for advising and providing consultation, installation, training and technical assistance to the end-user community
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide responsive, timely support to all escalated end-user questions and support requests from Field Service Technicians, within the assigned region
- Act as the primary third point of contact for desktop and laptop support and troubleshooting for the client company. Perform complex problem determination and resolution identifying hardware and software problems
- Install, configure and upgrade operating systems and software, using standard business and administrative packages
- Install, assemble and configure computers, monitors, network infrastructure and peripherals such as printers, scanners, and related hardware. Pull cables and rewire or direct the rewiring of cables as required for new installations and office reconfiguration.
- Troubleshoot problems with computer systems, including hardware and software issues, emails, network and peripheral equipment problems, etc. Make repairs and corrections where required.
- Ensure all incidents are properly logged, triaged, routed escalated and closed in accordance with pre-determined service levels and incident management processes.
- Perform trend analysis to highlight re-occurring incidents within the computing environment and work with the regional team to take corrective action
- Assist with training staff in use of standard business and administrative software, including work processing spreadsheets, ad database management, providing instruction or written documentation where required
- Make hardware and software acquisition recommendations.
- Communicate changes, fixes and processes to the user community.
- Assist with the planning design, research and acquisition of new or upgraded hardware and software systems. Review and evaluate new desktop technology.
- Ensure that client’s technology requirements and physical set-up and configuration of desktop hardware, software and local and network printers are accurately determined, documented and satisfied.
- On occasion, may be requested on short notice to travel to customer’s sites within assigned region to resolve desktop issues.
- Document desktop issues and problem resolutions undertaken
- Establish and maintain problem reporting and maintain technical documentation
- Escalate any outstanding and unresolved issues to the attention of Director, IT Technical Services and VP, Professional Services within prescribed time requirements as per service contracts
- Assist in the development and maintenance of user training manuals and programs
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of all hardware and software technologies in use across the client company in order to provide technically accurate solutions to users.
- Run and modify scripts
- Install specific settings and features.
- Support server requirements support VB based and operating systems
- Reduce user downtime by providing new equipment or upgrades during slow periods or during off hours.
- Help to evaluate and test new hardware and software for effectiveness
- Help to develop standards and policies for service level agreements. Ensure all help desk activities are adhered to as per service level agreements.
- College or University graduate of Computer Science, or Computer Studies program or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years of related Technical Support experience
- Working and advanced operating knowledge of IT hardware/equipment installation, testing and support
- Must possess strong customer service attitude and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability, willingness and availability to work rotating shifts to support client company users with 24/7 service
"*" indicates required fields