Role: Responsible for providing second level technical assistance within an assigned region, providing high-end technical hardware, software and software deployment support at the desktop, laptop, printer, network, and operating systems level to satisfy the needs of client company end users. Act as a technical resource in assisting users resolve high end technical issues. Support and train Field Service Technicians within the assigned region. Provide on-site troubleshooting and resolution of desktop problems. Responsible for advising and providing consultation, installation, training and technical assistance to the end-user community
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Must be willing to work rotational shifts, including nights for extended periods of time.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle. (Busses are unreliable during night shift rotations)
- CompTIA A+ is a strong asset
- This is not a remote
- Provide responsive, timely support to all escalated end-user questions and support requests from Field Service Technicians, within assigned region.
- Act as point of contact for desktop and laptop support and troubleshooting for the client company. Perform complex problem determination and resolution identifying hardware and software problems
- Install, assemble and configure computers, monitors, network infrastructure and peripherals such as printers, scanners, POS, and related hardware
- Pull cables and rewires or direct the rewiring of cables as required for new installations and office reconfiguration.
- Install, configure and upgrade operating systems and software, using standard business and administrative packages.
- Troubleshoot problems with computer systems, including hardware and software issues, emails, network and peripheral equipment problems, etc. Make repairs and corrections where required.
- Ensure all incidents are properly logged, triaged, routed, escalated and closed in accordance with pre-determined service levels and incident management processes.
- Assist with training staff in the use of standard business and administrative software, including work processing, spreadsheets, and database management, providing instruction or written documentation where required.
- Ensure that client’s technology requirements and physical set-up and configuration of desktop hardware, software and local and network printers are accurately determined, documented and satisfied.
- Very rarely, but on occasion, may be requested on short notice to travel to customers’ sites within assigned region to resolve desktop issues
- Escalate any outstanding and unresolved issues to the attention of Director, IT Technical Services and VP, Professional Services within prescribed time requirements as per service contracts.
- *Acquire and maintain current knowledge of all hardware and software technologies in use across the client company in order to provide technically accurate solutions to users.
- College or University graduate of Computer Science, or Computer Studies program or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years of related Technical Support experience
- Working and advanced operating knowledge of IT hardware/equipment installation, testing and support
- Must possess strong customer service attitude and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability, willingness and availability to work rotating shifts to support client company users with 24/7 service
Oops! We could not locate your form.