Role: GTA - Ottawa-Vancouver- Calgary- Quebec City
| Loss Prevention Responsibilities:
· Install and troubleshoot CCTV – includes: fixed/PTZ cameras, DVR, NVR, Hybrid, Servers, and video matrix systems.
· Troubleshoot hardware and software problems on servers and workstations, along with connected peripherals.
· Troubleshoot network issues, copper/fiber lines, switches/routers and use of network monitoring tools
· Diagnose and correct problems with the network electronic systems and software.
· Implement deliverables of assigned Loss Prevention Projects
· Serve as liaison between customer and technical staff for all relevant retail loss prevention technology.
· Be a service technician for Loss Prevention Implementation Projects.
· Ensure proper service and maintenance of hardware.
· Install and configure all Loss Prevention related hardware and software.
· Ensure a high degree of timeliness and accuracy of technical and operational support.
· Replace and repair hardware (both analog and digital).
· Implement/Install loss prevention and associated technologies.
· Identify and repair hardware issues in a POS environment; Replace scanners, scales, pin pad, printers and work stations
· Install, fish, dress cross connect and terminate Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP), co-axial and fibre optic cable; Identify cable pathways
· Test, review and troubleshoot installed systems
· Troubleshoot cabling, hardware and network related issues in the field; Installing various types of network infrastructure equipment (switches, routers, servers, DSL modems, wireless switches and access points, camera, security systems, network addressing) (FST)
To accomplish the above responsibilities, you are required to:
· Operate hand and power tools (i.e. drill)
· Ensure that all other on-site support services and repairs are completed by verifying operations and maintaining required quality levels and documenting work performed
· Investigate and diagnose customers’ issues by using technical expertise in a timely and professional manner
· Apply proficient computer skills and solid knowledge of computer networking
· Exhibit positive and professional attitude and behaviour at all times; Interact and communicate respectfully with all BFG parties to resolve field issues
· Work independently and collaboratively with other team members to achieve common project/site objectives
· Liaise with Help Desk on escalated issues
· Maintain a safe and organized work area by observing all safety policies and procedures, applying completed and required safety training required for the position at all times
· Perform travel on a moment’s notice in order to provide support by troubleshooting at BFG customer’s sites, as required; Comply with company’s travel policies and procedures
· Prepare field reports, as required
· Complete and submit accurate weekly timesheets
|· Minimum 5 yrs. experience servicing, diagnosing and repairing integrated control, CCTV/IP, digital recording, alarm systems, etc.
· Post-secondary training in electronics or equivalent; Technical background in Video Security Systems, analog, IP and electronic technology.
· Network and cabling certificates and network cabling experience.
· Ability to effectively operate hand and power tools (i.e. drill)
· Completion and possession of valid safety training – Scissor Lift, Elevated Platform and Fall Arrest
· Ability to lift up to 50-75 pounds, climb ladders, and operate lift
Must be familiar working in a retail / enterprise environment; Experience with installations and implementations in new locations