Responsible for the installation and maintenance of communications hardware and networks in retail environments. These networks are comprised of data, POS and PC systems in commercial spaces.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Interpret and manage work orders, drawings and specifications
- Perform site inspections
- Assemble and set up all tools, materials and equipment
- Test computers peripherals, hardware and software to ensure that they are working appropriately.
- Install network and peripheral hardware (servers, switches, RF, POS, wireless, printers)
- Test, review and troubleshooting of installed systems
- Travel to customer sites across assigned geographic work areas to perform the work
- Perform work on both day/night shifts.
- Install cable supports (if required)
- Install, fish, dress, cross connect and terminate Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP), co-axial and fibre optic cable (if required)
- Provide work log and reports
- Liaise with customers, store managers, and employees to explain, coordinate and schedule hardware installations.
- Network/POS/PC experience preferred
- Working experience with retail communications networks, POS and PC systems an asset
- Experience in installing various types of network infrastructure equipment (switches, routers, servers, DSL modems, wireless switches and access points, cameras, security systems, network addressing)
- Experience in troubleshooting cabling, hardware and network related issues in the field
- Able to operate hand and power tools
- Proficient computer skills and solid knowledge of computer networking
- Must possess a valid and unexpired Class G driver’s licence, and the ability to produce a clean driver’s abstract upon hire and periodically throughout employment
- Must have own vehicle and be able to drive to and from jobs independently
- Must have knowledge of basic computer skills and be able to demonstrate good writing skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, and Outlook is very helpful.
- Ability and willingness to perform revolving day/night shifts, weekends/on-call, call-backs and overtime
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team
- Ability and willingness to perform extensive travel throughout assigned geographic region (possibly across Canada)
Application - Implementation Technician And Network Cabling Specialist
"*" indicates required fields