Under supervision, receiving, auditing and stocking of materials. May also be required to assist with receiving, storing, and inventorying, materials, supplies, tools, equipment and parts, in warehouse.
- Read and interpret drawings, circuit diagrams and electrical code specifications to determine wiring layouts for new or existing installations
- Splice, join and connect wire to fixtures and components to form circuits; pull wires through conduits and through holes in walls and floors; install brackets and hangers to support electrical equipment; install, replace, repair lighting fixtures and electrical control and distribution equipment, such as switches, relays and circuit breaker panels
- Assemble, install, test and maintain electrical wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with code
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem
- Connect electrical power to audio and visual communication equipment, signalling devices and heating and cooling systems; connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers or other components
- Work in a safe manner, maintain a safe and organized work area by observing all safety policies and procedures, applying safety training
- Work collaboratively with other team members to achieve common project /site objectives. Exhibit positive and professional attitude and behaviour at all times
- Emergency standby generator experience an asset.
- Responsible for materials, tools, and appropriate paperwork.
- Must be able and willing to work nights (will receive a night shift premium)
- Excellent Computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Familiar with warehouse management systems including RF Scanners
- Minimum high school Graduation.
- Minimum 2 years working in material handling or in a similar warehouse environment.
- Able to lift up to 20 kilograms.
- Safety footwear required.
- Long periods of standing and walking required.
- Certified forklift operator is an asset
Application - Warehouse Associate (Burnaby, BC)
"*" indicates required fields